- If necessary, please reserve elevators, loading docks, or truck parking areas.
- Do not water plants for three days prior to your move. Small plants should be placed in cartons, large plants tied and prepared for moving.
- Drain oil and fuel from lawn mowers and other machinery or equipment. Please be safe and dispose of oil and gas correctly. Contact your local authorities if you have questions.
- Bleed propane tanks from gas grills or remove and transport by car. Clean all grills the day before your move.
- Separate and label items that will not be moved.
- Place non-furniture items, that are not to be moved, in bathroom or closet and label door: “DO NOT MOVE”.
- Bring items out of crawlspace and attic, organize garage and tool shed for moving. Tape or tie yard tool handles in bundles of 3 or 4.
These tips should get you well on your way to successful move preparation, but if you decide you need a bit of assistance with your packing prior to your move, Rhino Prompt Movers is here to help!
Contact us today for more information on our home packing services and learn how we can make your move easier and less stressful!